Workplace Bullying and Harassment
- Workplace conduct
Bullying and harassment is not acceptable or tolerated at the North Surrey Skating Club (NSSC). All workers will be treated in a fair and respectful manner.
- Bullying and harassment includes any inappropriate conduct or comment by a person towards a worker that the person knew or reasonably ought to have known would cause that worker to be humiliated or intimidated, but excludes any reasonable action taken by the employer, members of the Board of Directors, or supervisor relating to the management and direction of workers or the place of employment. Examples of conduct or comments that might constitute bullying and harassment include verbal aggression or insults, calling someone derogatory names, harmful hazing or initiation practices, vandalizing personal belongings, and spreading malicious rumors.
- Workers must:
- not engage in the bullying and harassment of other workers
- report if bullying and harassment is observed or experienced
- apply and comply with the employer’s policies and procedures on bullying and harassment
- This policy statement applies to all workers, including permanent, temporary, casual, contract, and student workers. It applies to interpersonal and electronic communications, such as email and text messages.
- Annual review
This policy statement will be reviewed every three years. All workers will be provided with a copy.